I have come across this very useful tool for system/network administrators.
This tool is not affiliated with or approved by
It converts your Service tag to Express Service Code. Also there is another one which converts vice-versa http://www.powerdog.com/dellconv.cgi
How to query your machine for DELL Service Tag. Just follow this steps.
- Open the Notepad and paste the following code in it.
on error resume next
strServer=InputBox (“Enter the server name of the server for Dell Service Tag”)
Set objWMIservice = GetObject(“winmgmts:\\” & strServer & “\root\cimv2”)
set colitems = objWMIservice.ExecQuery(“Select * from Win32_BIOS”,,48)
For each objitem in colitems
Wscript.echo “Dell Service Tag: ” & objitem.serialnumber
You can also get the above script from http://technobuff.pastebin.com/f2d5aee53
- Save it as ServiceTag.vbs to any location in your system.
- Open the Command Prompt and change the path to the saved location
- Execute the .vbs file (you might have to use cscript eg: cscript ServiceTag.vbs)
- You will be prompted with an input box. Give you machine name. It will return the service tag.
- If want to execute this for a remote machine, you might need to run the script as an administrator.