You can map your network printers automatically to a user with the help of Logon scripts.
- Create a .vbs file and give an appropriate name eg:marketing.vbs
- Place the following code in that file
Option Explicit Dim objNetwork, strLocal, strUNCPrinter1, strUNCPrinter2, strUNCPrinter3 strUNCPrinter1 = "\\server-name\printer-name" strUNCPrinter2 = "\\server-name\printer-name" strUNCPrinter3 = "\\server-name\printer-name" Set objNetwork = CreateObject("WScript.Network") objNetwork.AddWindowsPrinterConnection strUNCPrinter1 objNetwork.AddWindowsPrinterConnection strUNCPrinter2 objNetwork.AddWindowsPrinterConnection strUNCPrinter3 objNetwork.SetDefaultPrinter strUNCPrinter1 WScript.Quit
- The above code will intialize three printers(strUNCPrinter1, strUNCPrinter2, strUNCPrinter3
) and set the default printer as strUNCPrinter1
- You need to give the path to the printers accordingly. Change ‘server-name’ and ‘printer-name’ according to your network.
- You can add more printers by declaring more variables like strUNCPrinter4…
Finally add the vbs file name to the logon script of the user.